[Rewind] June 2016

06:20 Cilla 8 Comments


June marked an important milestone for me: I finished the first semester of my degree! It feels like the easiest part of the course is over, and very soon I'm heading into the real work. I can't tell whether I'm excited or nervous for the practical components of the degree, though knowing that my classmates feel the same way about it all makes me feel rather better.

In other news, I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo in July! The story idea I've been carrying for about two years is finally coming together (in terms of world-building anyway), and I haven't been this keen to write a proper novel in a long time. My wordcount goal for Camp is 12,000 words, but my real goal is to develop a daily writing habit.

Anyway, onto some blogging and bookish news!



New to My Shelves


I have read Obernewtyn before in an attempt to get through the series, but it's been long enough that I can't remember where I was! So I've checked out the audiobook for a re-read, and maybe this time I will get through the whole series. A Great and Terrible Beauty is a similar case of necessary re-read. Wolf by Wolf is the only new-to-me book. 

All three came from the library. Wolf by Wolf was actually purchased on my request, which was so thrilling. I think it's fairly amazing that a city is prosperous enough that the library can take requests.

Reviews

Other Things on the Blog

Challenges Progress

  • Goodreads challenge: 26/30 books - this is the fastest I've gotten through my yearly reading challenge!
  • Discussion challenge: 6/24 discussion posts
  • Diverse Reads challenge: 6 books
  • #RockMyTBR challenge: 11 books
  • Backlist Books challenge: 11 books
  • Around the World challenge: the map
  • Commenting 365 challenge: 51/365 comments 

In Store for Next Month

This time, I actually have a blogging plan for July! I am going to...
  • Continue participating in Conversations.
  • Post reviews of Career of Evil, Frankie, Yellow, and A Court of Thorns and Roses.
  • Write two discussion posts, though the topics are yet to be decided.
  • Participate in #PotterheadJuly. My post will go up on 26th of July!
  • Change some aspects of my blog design. At the very least, I'm going to be trying out a new style of post headers, as you may (or may not) notice from this post.

Tell me about your June! 
Have you been enjoying a summer/winter holiday?
Read anything amazing lately?

8 comments:

  1. I hope you love Wolf by Wolf - it's a favorite of mine. I agree that it's awesome when our libraries can buy books at our requests!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I'm really enjoying it so far! :D

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing the first semster of your degree!! I hope your NaNowrimo challenge is going well and that your blitzing those goals! Great reads of the month too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! NaNo was great and I did manage to meet my goals! My wordcount ones at least - I'm not sure I quite managed to write every day haha.

      Delete
  3. A Great and Terrible Beauty was a wonderful book, but I have never been able to get through the second book in the series. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember enjoying it, and for some reason never got around to finishing the rest of the series. I hope you will one day!

      Delete
  4. A great wrap up post and some interesting blogging topics for June! Well done on completing your first semester of your degree and good luck for semester 2! I loved reading your Get To Know Me tag, def my fav post of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alecia! I'm glad you enjoyed that tag, it was fun writing it. :D

      Delete

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)